Are you sure want to logout from the system?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Pass the following Physical Competency Requirements (conducted in class on first day):
If one cannot pass this section they are not eligible for a refund. Please be fully prepared.
o Phase 1
– Tread water for 2 minutes
– Swim 100 yards of front crawl
o Phase 2
– Swim 50 yards of each:
1. Front crawl with the head up
4. Breaststroke with the head up
5. Elementary backstroke kick with hands
on the chest
– Perform a feet first surface dive in 8 to 10 feet of water (or maximum depth of training facility). Then swim underwater for 15 feet.
o Phase 3
– Participants start in the water at shallow end.
– Sprint for a distance of approximately 60 feet, and then perform an arm-over-arm surface dive in 8 to 10 feet of water (or maximum depth of training facility).
o Pick up an object (dive ring) from the bottom of pool, surface, tread water for at least 1 minute with legs only, and replace the object back to the bottom of the pool where it was found.
o Swim the remaining length to end of pool, and hoist yourself out of water.
o Immediately begin compression on an adult manikin for 1 minute or 100 compressions; stand, listen and follow directions from instructor.